Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hey... PA Securities Commission, You Suck!

If there is anyone who's been reading regularly, sorry for my lack of posts over the past week.

October marked the beginning of a new fiscal year for my employer and I had some remaining stuff for the last month of FY'07 to finish up.

That said, I began the work week figuring I better focus on my actual job so that I don't lose that along with my freedom to invest my hard earned dollars on Prosper.


-Plus we got a new family dog last Saturday which resulted in a pretty lively week at home.

We had to drive to Columbus, Ohio on Saturday to pick her up. Man is she a cutie! If you've never heard of OHIO before, you may recognize it as one of the six states that border Pennsylvania.


Still ringing no bells? Let me try again, it is one of six states, along with New York, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and New Jersey, all bordering Pennsylvania and all from which you CAN LEND ON PROSPER.

The whole Prosper thing was lingering in the back of my mind all week, ebbing and flowing in waves of bitterness. Every so often I logged into my Prosper account, observing growth, observing earnings, and shaking my head in disgust.

I had four late loans at the beginning of the week. I logged in this morning and it was down to two. That rocks. These borrowers rock. I believe in these people. I believe in people. I'm glad I was able to help these couple of people while I had the chance. They're definitely helping me. I wish I could do more. They're helping me, I mean my employers stock has lost 40% since January! I'm cool though... my 401K has been in cash equivalencies for quite some time. Gawd forbid I have an opportunity to earn anything though.

Thanks again for your "protection" PA Securities Commission. Your notion that you're protecting us is insulting!


So yeah, thanks again.

1 comment:

JimmyV said...

Dude, chill the invective. I've wanted wanted to loan through Prosper for over a year. Guess I should have gotten on board sooner.